I have a list of bits and pieces I need to do to finish up the bigger parts of my cosplay – this week I finally stopped procrastinating and got round to doing them!
First up was putting the ruffled collar onto the chest piece. Because this is white and wearing multiple layers, plus foam is hot, I decided to make this detachable so I could wash it after a day at a con. I’d bought some wired, layered ribbon from ebay, so it was a pretty straightforward job of folding it to look ruffled and sewing it onto some Velcro. Then it was a simple case of doing my usual webbing/Velcro combo onto the foam chest piece and done! Simple!
I also got around to reinforcing my pauldron straps with worbla. This was my first experience with worbla – boy, that stuff gets hot! It was super easy to use though – I cut out strips that were roughly the size I needed, heated it up with a heat gun till the surface texture changed a bit, stuck it on, squished it about and done. And then did that another 15 times …
The ear pieces I made with foam clay last week have now been primed, painted and attached to my mask and I hot glued some cabuchons onto my corset to finish that off.
So mostly faffy bits this week, but it all contributes to the finished piece.